Saturday 16 February 2008

Child and Man

If you have patience to read this long poetry (Longest i have ever written in english) go on. its very close to me as this has my personal feelings.

Date: 23/02/2006 to 20/04/2006

A thin small feeble lad,
was looking utterly sad.
sitting in a garden, on a wooden bench
was uttering something in foreign, French?


I went near,
And asked him
“What’s it dear?”
But he remained dim.
My hands brushed his curly hair,
and I saw his feminine face,
was eager at my stare.
I said packing all my grace,
“What is it with you, buddy
got beaten up for study?
Or have you lost your game.
Ok then, just tell me your name.”


The boy looked up the Sun
But still remained mum
I did brush his hair again,
then the child cried with pain,
“I want to be big like you
and do things that you do.
I too want to roam arroun(d),
with no one at home to frown
I want to buy lots of chocolates,
and play all day long with my mates
and yes I want the spidey dress on show
and of course that powerful flashy bow.
Oh yes I want to grow
And do things they say a ‘no’.”


In just a breath he said all this
And I was nostalgic without a miss
‘What was me when I was small?
And what am I when I am so tall?’


‘As a child, I had no boundries
To my thoughts and nude fancies
I knew to cry and smile
I thought about me all the while
I was selfish, as him, all through
Even then, as him, I was true
I was true to ask for something sweet,
While someone begged just for wheat.
I lied at evry chance I got through
Even then I was true
I was always true to me
As I didn’t know, how, it should be
I thought I should grow
To the world I would show…


I am now, no more to grow.
I have now nothing to show,
For I still have no visible boundries
But have breaks on thoughts, nude fancies.
Want to laugh, cannot smile
Outside tougher, inside fragile
When I want to cry myself out
Have to stand, and that to stout
I was selfish, yet am much how
Not even true to me, now
I still close my eyes on street
when someone comes begging wheat.
I lie to everyone, including me
For now, I know, how it should be.
I think now, oh why did I grow
if I was to be a black blind crow.’


The thought train went away
And to boy, I did say,
Packing again all my grace,
A false smile on a faker face
“Oh buddy
Don’t worry.
Just give a smile
And wait a while.
You will grow,
And the world will know.”


The child gave a smile
Was it me or just time
But I had no time to be yonder
And walked away with much to ponder
My heavy heart asking me
And I saying, “Let it be
till the happy tomorrow comes,
for which I wanted to grow at once.”
I gave another falsest smile
and without waiting a while,
I repeated it to me,
“For now, Let it be.”

5 comments:

Arpita said...

i jst want 2 say dat i find it d best poem i hav ever read in any one's blog.... i simply luvd it. The theme is so thought provoking. While reading d poem, i was listening to "kaagaz ki kashti,wo baarish ka paani" by jagjit singh so, i cud feel d words n d flow in d emotions just caught my thoughts. Man is born wid a human heart. He knows how 2 love,how 2 yearn, how 2 envy, how 2 be mean...he becomes a child but never reaches d stage of a man, mature enough 2 overcome d vices but rather put a mask of a man. Instead, he becomes a horse running d worldly race , his focus tied 2 a goal that keeps moving n is beyond reach jst like d man wid d deadly face (time)..dats wat i cud perceive frm d poem... a long n lovely poem....cud be more compact n so cud be my comment ;)
keep writing

PSD said...

gud work.....
was listenin yaaron while readin... really a bit emmotional one....
n yeah..its ma first comment on anyone's blog

Kabir said...

thanks for your comments.
the main thing i did want to say is that we always say we will change the world but "tomorrow"

tHe SOlITARy EniGMA said...

hmmm.........
well after arpita n prems comment i think i hv very less to say...
d first thing tat came to ma mind aftr readin it is shakespeare's "seven ages" tho both r based on cmplete different plot......
well i guess d above line says it all......
a beutifully crafted poem to describe human mindset at diff stage of life......keep it up dude...

Kabir said...

:) Thnks kaus